Shaft: Project X LZ Steel
Flex: 5.5 (Regular)
Length: 1 Inch Over
Lie: 3 Degrees Upright
Grip: New Decade Multicompound Black/Blue + 3 Papers
The most versatile 'players' iron that Mizuno have ever produced. The Mizuno JPX900 Forged is the newer model of the very impressive JPX850 Forged of last year. With the re-introduction of the Boron infused steel, that allows the clubface to be designed thinner than factory standard. This produces unmatched ball speeds and feel in a better players iron.
No energy is lost with the new 'Milled Pocket', that enhances energy transfer at impact over the whole surface area of the clubface. A new PowerFrame redistributes the weight for extra stability around the perimeter of the iron, that consequently reduces distance lost when mishit.
“If we could only make one iron for the world’s golfers to play, it would probably be the JPX900 Forged,” Voshall enthuses. “It’s beautifully shaped and compact enough for a tour player to throw in the bag, but also incredibly quick off the face and loses very little from mishits. There’s almost no compromise to make in any direction.” - Chris Voshall - Mizuno Engineer.
- PowerFrame Technology - Stabilises the iron through redistributing the weight around the perimeter of the head.
- Milled Pocket - Enhances energy transfer through the ball.
- Forged with Boron - Allows for a thinner face to be applied for greater ball speeds.
- SET-JPX 900 FORGED CUST STL 5P
- Project X LZ Steel
- New Decade Multicompound Black/Blue