After being part of Odyssey’s Stroke Lab Black release a couple of years ago, the Ten putter has come a long way in a very short amount of time.
It has now morphed into a complete family, with 10 new variants of the high MOI mallet to be released it March 2021.
The 10 new Tens are absolutely loaded with the latest Odyssey tech, starting from the shaft, through to the insert and putter head, and all the way down to the sole weighting channel.
And the huge variety of alignment options means there will be a Ten that’ll suit your eye perfectly.
Odyssey believe they are the best performing mallet putters they’ve ever made, and Jon Rahm obviously agrees: the world No.2 ditched his old putter and immediately put an Odyssey Ten straight into his bag
THE TEN TECH HUB
With such an impressive amount of tech in the Ten line-up where do you start?
Let’s kick off the conversation with the putter head because the 2021 Ten’s high MOI design has had a makeover.
The head of the new Ten is more compact, squarer in shape and has much straighter, and sleeker, lines.
Odyssey suggest the new shape aids alignment but the inherent stability and forgiveness for off-centre strikes – something the Ten is well known for - is still abundantly present.
The putters also receive the latest Odyssey Stroke Lab shaft, which is lighter, stiffer and better performing than the previous Stroke Lab offering.
And Odyssey’s leading Microhinge Star insert also gets a berth in the Ten family, by virtue of its top-spin generating properties that start, and keep, putts tracking towards the target.
The Microhinge Star insert provides a firm feel at impact and is popular with tour players.
In particular, the Ten family’s 2-Ball putters have created a new benchmark. MOI, forgiveness, top-spin and consistency are all superior to any other 2-Ball putter Odyssey has previously produced.
Odyssey Ten putters are available in five different alignment systems: Lined, 2-Ball, 2-Ball Lined, Triple Track and 2-Ball Triple Track.
Such a wide-ranging choice of alignment aids gives every player their best chance of finding a Ten putter that fits their eye and helps them aim accurately.
Each of the five alignment options have the choice between a slant neck hosel or a double bend shaft option - for toe hang (suits putting strokes that rotate the face open and shut) and face-balanced (best suited to straight-back-and-through strokes) performance, respectively.
The plethora of options makes the Odyssey Ten line-up the most wide-ranging and user-friendly mallet in golf.
ODYSSEY’S TOP TEN
1. Odyssey Ten: Single white alignment line. Double bend shaft for face balanced performance.
2. Odyssey Ten S: Single white alignment line. Slant neck hosel provides moderate toe hang.
3. Odyssey Ten Triple Track: Callaway’s ball and putter three-line alignment system. Face balanced.
4. Odyssey Ten Triple Track S: Callaway’s ball-putter three-line alignment system. Moderate toe hang.
5. Odyssey Ten 2-Ball: The best performing 2-Ball putter Odyssey has ever made. The legendary alignment system links with the Ten’s high MOI design for ultra-consistent roll. Face balanced.
6. Odyssey Ten 2-Ball S: The best performing 2-Ball putter Odyssey has ever made. The legendary alignment system links with the Ten’s high MOI design for ultra-consistent roll. Moderate toe hang.
7. Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Lined: 2-Ball putter with a contrasting single black line running through famous 2-Ball alignment system. Face balanced.
8. Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Lined S: 2-Ball putter has a contrasting single black line running through famous 2-Ball alignment system. Moderate toe hang.
9. Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Triple Track: 2-Ball putter with Callaway’s ball-putter three-line system, for a two-pronged alignment system. Face balanced.
10. Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Triple Track S: 2-Ball putter with Callaway’s ball-putter three-line system, for a two-pronged alignment system. Moderate toe hang.